Avocent DSView Management Software
Centralised management for the datacentre
Avocent DSView management software delivers the complete control necessary for the 24/7 data center
By consolidating all data center management functionality into a single interface, Avocent DSView™ management software delivers the complete data center control necessary for the 24/7 data center.
The Avocent DSView management software enables secure, out-of-band, centralized management of all connected IT and network devices in today’s often complex and geographically dispersed data centers.
When used in conjunction with KVM appliances, serial console appliances, service processor gateways and PDUs, the hardware and software combine to allow IT administrators to remotely access, monitor and control target devices on multiple platforms at numerous locations–anywhere, anytime.
The Avocent DSView management software provides data centers with secure, centralized management for physical and virtual IT assets. By allowing administrators to remotely diagnose and modify any managed device, regardless of the health or status of the OS or network connection, Avocent DSView management software makes data center management and remote offices more accessible, extensible and secure.
Features & Benefits
- Secure, Remote, Centralized Data Center Management – Access and control your entire IT assets (physical and virtual) from a single screen
- Multi-Device Support – Click and connect centralized management for blades, VMware virtual infrastructure, KVM over IP switches, MergePoint service processor managers, ACS advanced console servers, PM power distribution units (PDUs), select third-party KVM and PDUs
- Virtual Media Support – Map smart card/CAC readers, CD-ROMs and other media to a remote server to pass credentials, transfer files, apply application and OS patches and CD-ROM diagnostics
- Integrated Solution for KVM and Power Control – Integrates BIOS-level access and power control in one solution and provides external modem support when the network is down
- Simple, Fast and Reliable User Interface – Browser-based, customizable with usability features including keyboard pass-through, scaling and custom viewer toolbar
- Access Service Processor Managers – Administrators can manage power and system health on individual IPMI-enabled servers through the MergePoint service processor managers
- Notifications – SNMP traps and email notification for defined system events
- Scheduling – Simplify management of routine tasks, updates and file loading, including automation of task schedules and updates
- Multi-Platform Support – Wintel, Linux, Sun Solaris and SuSE platforms
- Failover Authentication – Hub and spoke architecture, provides failover access authentication, ensuring system reliability and security
- Flexible Authentication/Access Controls – Authenticate user permission against your existing internal or external authentication service, such as LDAP, Active Directory, NT Domain, TACACS+, RADIUS and RSA SecurID
- System/User Logs – System and user log management and event notification to help facilitate auditing and compliance
- Selectable Encryption Modes – Gain enhanced security as selectable encryption modes can support your security policy (AES, DES, 3DES, 128bit SSL)
- Exit Macros – Log out each user when a session window is closed
- DS Zones – Restrict user access by zones for easier tracking and auditing